Wool Cable Knit Scarf
- This gorgeous scarf is made by Saol, a contemporary manufacturer of traditional and modern Irish knits
- The remarkably detailed cable knit designs date back centuries and are thought to represent the ropes of Irish fishermen who wore sweaters with these patterns to protect them from the Atlantic winds
- Ribbed finishes at either end of the scarf
- Knit from 100% Merino wool, pre-treated to create a super soft feel that will keep you warm and cozy all winter
- Available in Natural, Charcoal, Navy, and Kelly Green and can be paired with the Cable Knit Wool Hat for a complete look
- The scarf measures 72 x 9 inches
This cable knit scarf is made from 100% Merino wool that has been pre-treated to ensure maximum softness and durability. The multiple cable knit patterns highlight the range of styles found on Irish fishermen’s sweaters dating back over a century. These patterns were originally developed to provide additional insulation for rural fishermen on the Aran Islands to shield them from the harsh Atlantic winds and today have become one of the most recognizable patterns in Irish design. Available in four traditional colors: Natural, Charcoal, Navy, and Kelly Green. Pair it with Saol’s Cable Knit Wool Hat for a complete ensemble!