Our Tartan Fabrics
Our tartan clothing and accessories are made of durable 16oz* fabric from one of two fine materials: durable acrylic and 16oz wool.
Below is a quick list of differences between our acrylic and wool fabric.
(*16 ounces per square yard; lasts considerably longer than the 13oz and 11oz kilts offered by competitors.)
- Wool-like appearance
- Superior wickability; feels cooler
- Dry-Clean Recommended
- Resistant to moths, oils, and fading
- 7 tartans available for rental items, 90 tartans available for purchase
- Great quality, very affordable (imported from South Asia)
- Suitable for: All occasions. Formal or Casual.
Highland games, festivals, faires, parades, pubs, anything.
- Natural wool
- More traditional and authentic
- Feels warm and dry
- Dry-Clean Only
- Store in a dry place away from bugs and UV light
- Over 300 tartans available for purchase
- Exquisite quality (imported from Scotland)
- Suitable for: Formal occasions. Low activity occasions.
Weddings, reunions, memorial services, holiday gatherings.